Entry points in a zettlekasten system
- Links and atomic notes get all the glory when we discuss about a Zettelkasten. But a zettelkasten is nothing without its entry points.
- Entry points are notes (It can be called Index notes if you wish to follow Sonke’s nomenclature) that serves as the window in a line of thought inside a zettelkasten
- For example, the entry point for the chain of thread that leads to this note is the Zettelkasten note.
- In it is said that the best place to put the entry points are places where new thought begins.
- You are supposed to use your hashtags in these notes, to ensure of future discoverability of your notes. The design of hashtags is also an important work in maintaining a zettelkasten and more importantly, hashtags have to be used sparingly.
- Entry points also serve as the way to quickly cross-check your zettelkasten system before adding a new note to all the places where it can be added.
? It is important to understand it. Because write here this can diverge into two lines of thinking:
- to define and explore the use of tags inside Zettelkasten
- Another question we can explore is does the analogue version of zettelkasten offer any extra advantage over the digital version?
I believe this page is a good example to mark with a tag to show the new lines of thought evolving But I don’t know what tag to put here.